U.s. History Help Please!!!!?
1. The Bessemer process created strong, lightweight (1 point)
2. Which policy allowed businesses to operate under minimal government regulation? (1 point)
3. Most of the immigrants processed at Angel Island were from (1 point)
4. With the growth of urban areas, opportunities for women (1 point)
stayed the same.
5. Vaudeville shows (1 point)
provided exhibitions of new technology and entertainment.
introduced a new type of motion picture.
created a style of music that would later evolve into jazz.
were a variety of musical drama, songs, and comedy.
6. After the Civil War, the South (1 point)
replaced small farms with large plantations.
farmed in many different ways.
shipped its raw materials to the North for processing.
7. The Battle of Wounded Knee. (1 point)
recognized Native American tribes as independent nations.
was the last conflict between Native American and the Government.
granted each Native American family a 160-acre farmstead.
improved the reservation system.
8. The Exodusters were (1 point)
Mexican Americans who fled after the Mexican-American War.
African Americans who fled the South after Reconstruction.
Chinese Americans who fled the North after the Gold Rush.
Native Americans who fled the East after the Battle of Fallen Timbers.
9. Which of the following factors contributed to the end of the open-range system? (1 point)
an increase in the price of beef
the invention of barbed wire
the development of railroads
the disappearance of big mining companies
10. In the case Plessy v. Ferguson, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of (1 point)
Jim Crow laws.
11. The goals of which organization included providing education on new farming techniques and calling for the regulation of railroad and grain elevator rates? (1 point)
the Chautauqua Circuit
the Interstate Commerce Commission
Las Gorras Blancas
the National Grange
12. Populism had a lasting effect on (1 point)
the structure of political parties.
government regulation of factories.
the style of politics in the United States.
the organization of labor unions.
13. Andrew Carnegie as best known as:
Leader of the Senate
Owner of Standard Oil
Owner of one of the largest Steel companies in America.
14. What goals of the Populist party were eventually achieved.
Graduated Income Tax.
Regulation of the Railroad.
Flexible monetary system
All of the above.
15. In 1872, Susan B. Anthony (1 point)
formed the Women’s Christian Temperance Union.
was arrested for voting in an election in New York.
attended college to earn a graduate degree.
drafted a constitutional amendment granting women suffrage.
16. The spoils system made political parties more powerful by (1 point)
allowing party workers to push for civil service reform.
encouraging wealthy businessmen to donate money to the party.
blocking legislation introduced by the opposing political party.
filling important government positions with party supporters.
17. Booker T. Washington believed–African Americans should
deman full rights.
be elected into political positions.
be trained inspecific trades
support the gold standard but oppos high tariffs.
Comments are closed.